Happy middle-of-the-week to y’all!
I’m so excited to finally have decluttered my bathroom area, which I didn’t show y’all in the last post, so here it is:
I threw away about two small bags-worth of under-the-sink junk. I kept mumbling to myself, “oh, that’s where it went,” and “ew…”, and “does this thing have an expiration date?”
I think we have all been guilty at least once of buying a new shower gel RIGHT before we finish the current bottle, and then slipping that never-finished quarter bottle under-the-sink because you just can’t wait to try the new scent! That’s what was happening under my sink. Shampoo samples from hotel rooms, unopened lotion bottles received as gifts…the list was endless. I finally came upon #projectpan on social media. At this point, I am not sure who originated the idea so I can give credit to them; every blog I stumble upon begins with “I came up with Project Pan!” :/
I will be challenging myself, and you, of course (you saw that coming) to select 10 items from under your cluttered sink to finally use them UP!
- Choose an item that is more than halfway finished that for whatever reason you just haven’t finished. This item can be any toiletries, such as hairspray, shampoo, conditioner, facial masks, samples, etc.
- Use these items for the next 1-2 months according to how much you need them, i.e. don’t use a facial mask daily just to use it up because it will dry your skin! Just use it 1-2 times a week or whatever the instructions on the product suggests
- Do not buy any more of this particular item during the project pan challenge until you finish it!
- Seeing the bottom of the container, or “hitting the pan” will be your goal! Finishing the product after you see this will be a breeze
- Look up #projectpan for inspiration and also start using #panwithbrissa so that I can see your progress (Instagram: @brissa_ee2rtay)
- happier and decluttered life
- less hoarding
- knowing what you have in your inventory as opposed to going to buy a new one
- saving money and sticking to your budget
These are the individual items that I chose for this challenge:
- Tresemme hair spray
I’ve had this for more than half a year and I’ve realized I’m not much of a product person. For whatever reason, two months ago I bought hairspray, so now I must use this one up! Good product for humidity.
2. Raspberry shower gel
Uh, I’m not sure where this came from. But it’s been under my sink for 2 years. I’m sure it was a gift and I felt guilty for throwing it out. Not anymore! I will be using it up!
3. Bath and Body Works Hand Sanitizer
I KNOW I am not the only one who keeps buying hand sanitizers at B&BW when you have a gagillion at home! This one needs to go. Into my purse, young one!
4. Primally Pure Deodorant
I won this in a Paleo giveaway two months ago and I definitely must say I enjoy it. Because it has clean and pronounceable ingredients, it has a shorter shelf-life. It cannot afford to stay under my sink forever, so it’s gotta be loved and used up!
5) Neutrogena On-The-Spot Acne Treatment
I couldn’t find a specific answer when I researched on the internet when benzoyl peroxide expired, and frankly, I don’t know how long I’ve had this under my sink. But, I have had a couple of zits here and there, and I feel like maybe I should take advantage of the fact that I own this.
6) Sedu Pure Argan Oil Treatment
I have had this for two years. Yes, you read that right. Two years!! Gah, can I just finish it already?? I usually only use a couple of pumps and I love the way it makes my hair feel. However, I feel like I have been neglecting it and only using it about once a month.
7) Sephora 2-1 Makeup Remover
This makeup remover does a fab job of erasing my face at the end of the day, but I’ve been feeling lazy recently and have been wiping my entire face off with a cleansing towelette so this has not been used much. I need to use it since it’s a good product!
8) Artistry Eye Cream
I am not one much for eye creams nor have I ever truly had an obsession with lifting my face since I don’t have wrinkles yet, BUT, it’s never too late to start. I have had this for a few years also, but never used it. It was a gift from one of my direct-selling teammates and I need to use it up. I will be using this nightly.
9) Victoria’s Secret Body Spray
I have also had this for quite some time. I received it with ten other samples in one of those VS gift boxes and I feel like I use it all the time but it never ends! It’s going into my gym bag!
10) Bath and Body Works Lotion
Um….darn you B&BW for your buy 3 get 2 free specials! This has been an outcome of it: new scents come out and before I finish the old one I buy a new one. Grrr.
Well, there you have it, folks. I will be posting my progress on finishing these bottles next month. Hop on the decluttering train!