I believe we all should continue to add on to our intentions to outline our 2016. I am a strong believer in the written word; I make things happen only when I do this. It is sometimes difficult to sit down and take about 30 minutes out of your day to create this list, but alas, here is mine. Feel free to take these intentions/goals and make them your own as you wish.
- Be more natural. This may sound strange, but I have been dissecting my lifestyle in order to make it more “natural.” I have been looking for a natural deodorant that doesn’t irritate me but still does the job, a toothpaste without harsh chemicals, makeup with less ingredients. Throughout January, I will be reviewing different things around my household to see if they make the cut and what I suggest you should switch to if you are looking for a similar option. I might be referencing the Microbiome Solution book for this a whole lot.
- Make more DIY products. Doing this, for the most part, will help me reduce costs in gift-giving and home-making. There are so many options on Pinterest and I need to start putting that useful advice into practice.
- Increase self-care potential. This includes things like: dressing up better and not looking like a total slob when I’m just chilling at home, flossing nightly, oil-pulling a sufficient amount of time throughout the week, putting on makeup not-in-a-hurry, you know, things of the sort.
- Clean in 20 minutes-a-day, not for an hour at a time. Cleaning daily for such a long period of time has been quite exhausting. I’ve discovered a cleaning hack online to help me deal with joyfully cleaning up specific areas of the house quickly and not have to dread to do it when I have to full-on tackle the entire house.
- Read. Read. Read. Read. More of my 2016 picks here.
- Develop morning rituals. When I was doing the miracle morning, I felt like I did well, but I never adjusted it to my ideal schedule like I should have. I will still be doing the life S.A.V.E.R.S. listed in the book but I will be doing a less amount of time of them since I will be training for a half-marathon and I don’t want to sacrifice precious morning time. I would love to devote time to God, read, write, and run. If I can fit those in and not the rest, I will be okay with that. This will also mean waking up between 5 and 5:30 am each morning to maximize my productivity.
- Snowball debt. Continue to throw way more than the minimum towards our disgusting student loans. We will be debt-free soon, I can feel it!
- Budget intensely. The journey to financial freedom will require us budgeting at the beginning and end of each month to communicate exactly what the expenses are. This will be our accountability to our set goal.
- Continue to declutter. I will forever be a Marie Kondo fan and a project-panner, so follow my social media pages to be updated on what I continue to use up to become a true minimalist.
What are your 2016 intentions?